miércoles, 11 de diciembre de 2013

AURELIA BURNHAM




















Aurelia Burnham, a native New Yorker, is currently an active member of the vibrant artist community of Philadelphia. Upon graduation from the world renowned Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, she was awarded both the Gamblin and Stimson prizes for outstanding achievement. 
I use a combination of naturalism and spontaneity to represent certain aspects of what I have seen and experienced during semi-conscious dream states. My work portrays an ethereal luminosity that creates life-like spaces which the viewer can visually enter. My goal is to create increasingly complex compositions by combining multiple images from a vast collection of visual references. With a highly disciplined background in traditional methods and techniques as a base, I nevertheless strive to expand its boundaries to find new artistic approaches through continual experimentation. 

I find nineteenth century naturalism to be particularly inspiring. Its simplicity of design, complex esthetic content, and distinct atmospheric quality all resonate with my artistic sensibilities. Klimt and Mucha, for example, have been important influences, particularly their unique blend of graphic patterns and textures with natural realism. 

I am always in the process of finding my own delicate balance between naturalism and other contradictory interests that also inspire me. I believe that a versatile and experimental approach leads to the resolution of this conflict, and allows me to reach beyond realism to more fully express my ideas." AB

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario