lunes, 3 de marzo de 2014

VICTOR BAUER






























"My name is Victor Bauer and I consider myself a self taught artist.  My father was a painter, and I grew up playing in his studio, drawing and experiencing with colors. My earlier works were mostly abstracts and during these years I developed my own style and technique using mostly just palette knife. My fascination with the human figure for its timeless sensitivity reflected in my latest works. In my paintings I try not only just to replicate a scene, but to create the mood and feelings. Sometimes, when I feel it, I incorporate abstract fragments in a composition. I start with a drawing. When I’m satisfied with a composition, I begin to apply the paint in bold strokes with a palette knife. My knife strokes are deliberate, strong and well placed. The goal is to be precise and minimal to create work that is striking and simple yet. The painting becomes almost like of 3D sculpting. I take away what is not important but concentrate on proportions and light.
I was born in 1969. Currently I live and work in New York. My work can be found in corporate and private collections in US, Europe and Canada." Victor Bauer

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario